Essential oils have gained popularity over the course of time. If you are still unsure about using them, keep reading to discover some benefits it can give your body. These amazing oils have been extracted from nature, refined to get it's powerful effects, and made conveniently available for human use. Scientists have conducted many experiments to make it's claims valid and establish it's credibility. Still doubtful about these amazing oils? Here are 6 uses of Essential Oils proven by scientific observations:
1. Helps Regulate Hormones and Reduce Stress and Anxiety
• Based on a 2017 study published in Neuro Endocrinology Letters, it has been noted that some essential oils have the ability to influence the viscosity level of estrogen in women. Essential oils particularly clary sage, rose, geranium and thyme have been found to help balance out estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, thyroid and testosterone levels of the body. This is beneficial for women struggling with fertility issues or the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and those going through menopausal stage. Another leading study on postpartum women revealed that the use of aromatherapy using essential oils as a secondary therapy has significantly reduced the feelings of depression after birth.
• In addition, essential oils can help decrease the levels of cortisol hormones in the body. Cortisol is the hormone responsible for feelings of depression and stress. Lowered levels of cortisol would mean feeling better about yourself and a happier disposition in general well-being.
2. Assists the Body in Fighting Infection and Supports Body Immunity
• Lab tests have shown that essential oils have the ability to prevent the synthesis and proliferation of bacteria, viruses and fungal infections. Several plant compounds such ethers, esters, terpenes, phenolics and ketones are the key substances responsible for the destruction of bacterial and viral structures. Some of the most effective infection fighter essential oils include peppermint, oregano, cinnamon, frankincense, myrrh, lemon and ginger. Oregano oil has thymol and carvacrol compounds that can eliminate several types of bacteria. This germ fighting properties present in most essential oils make them perfect partners for boosting your immune system. Place 3-4 drops of Earth Vibes frankincense and/or Earth Vibes Lemon Essential Oils in a 200-300ml humidifier for air quality improvement.
3. Supports Food Absorption and Gastric Emptying
• A research published in the World Journal of Gastroenterology has shown that essential oils particularly ginger essential oil helps stimulate gastric emptying in people suffering with indigestion. Furthermore, ginger oil helps in excreting excess body gas relieving you from bloating, nausea and abdominal cramping. Peppermint oil has also shown promising results in people suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). In a study conducted in 72 patients with IBS, one group received peppermint essential oil and the other group received placebo. The group using peppermint essential oil reported a relief from IBS symptoms within 24 hours of use. Some other essential oils beneficial to the breakdown, absorption and excretion of food particles in the digestive system are lemongrass, fennel, juniper berry, marjoram and black pepper.
4. Increases Energy Levels
• A research published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports and Nutrition revealed that peppermint essential oil helps in improving brain oxygen reserves, better workout performance and increased energy levels in male athletes taking peppermint oil mixed with water for 10 days. If you want to feel more energized every day, the essential oils you need to level up your vitality are lemon, eucalyptus, lemongrass, rosemary and grapefruit. Try working out in a room with a humidifier diffusing lemongrass or peppermint essential oils and see increased performance.
5. Enhances Brain Functions and Helps in Pain Management
• Essential oils have been proven to have neuropreservation properties that also assist in the improvement of cognitive function. In a scientific research circulated in the Frontiers of Aging Neuroscience, scientists have found that because of the ability of the essential oils to act against the effects of free radicals, they help enhance cerebral functions and reduce tissue swelling. This is helpful to people with Alzheimer’s disease and Dementia, both are degenerative disease of the brain cells. Inhaling diffused essential oils mainly peppermint has been proven to prolong attention, expand memory and intensify your ability to focus on tasks. Place 2-3 drops of Earth Vibes Peppermint Essential Oil in a humidifier while studying, reading or concentrating on tasks to improve your memory retention and comprehension.
• Because of the essential oils’ anti-inflammatory characteristics, scientists have observed that the use of these powerful oils, particularly Lavender oils, have been helpful in managing pain after surgery, childbirth and gynecological discomforts. Try using Earth Vibes Lavender Essential oils in your diffuser to relieve migraines, muscle aches and promote deep restful sleep.
6. Boosts Skin and Hair Well-being
• Essential oils have the ability to soothe skin irritations. Their calming and pacifying properties can be useful in reducing the swelling in dermatitis, eczema, lupus and insect bites. The use of Earth Vibes Tea Tree Essential Oils diluted in carrier oil will serve as topical solution on these skin problems. Scientists have also observed that Tea Tree promotes wound healing and repair. Also, when you apply tea tree solution in your hair, it relieves you of scaly and itchy scalp. You can also incorporate Earth Vibes Tea Tree Body Wash in your daily bath routine as it stimulates skin exfoliation and renewal.
There are still many experiments and studies that involve the effects of natural essential oils to the general wellbeing of the body. Essential oils are applied topically, inhaled through aromatherapy or ingested by refining them into food-grade products that are safe for human consumption. Aromatherapy has been gaining a lot of traction because of its effects in calming the mind, promoting wellness and keeping the air quality in the room smelling fresh and good. Earth Vibes Aromatherapy Top 8 Essential Oils Set will give you the complete eight of the most powerful essential oils ever extracted. Use them with Earth Vibes Essential Oil Diffuser in your bedroom to feel that peaceful ambiance at the end of every work day.
Essential oils should not be made as primary medicine for bodily ailments. You should consult a physician when the symptoms are not relieved with these oils. Aromatherapy and topical applications of essential oils should only be used as secondary therapy after a proper check-up with a medical doctor.